Popular Posts

About

Contributors

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, April 28, 2013

This action packed movie took a really long time to watch what with life and my move to NE getting in the way. Then we had to wait to actually install our cable and internet, so I couldn’t watch the movie until that was done. After all that I really enjoyed the movie. Of course it reminds me of the beautiful similarities of that genre with such colorful costumes and locations, a poetry of motion to the fighting, and a sense of pride and honor that is never quite conveyed in an American (or Western) film. In the same vein of House of Flying Daggers, Hero, and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon this film really showed a myriad of fighting styles and sacrifice for the greater good. I enjoyed it and recommend it highly.

0 comments: